inner voices

Monday, December 31, 2007

Dear 2007,
I can't believe you're already over. You've been such a monumental year in my life. Interesting, given that there were no big "life events" in 2007, like there were in 2006 (graduation, etc). That said, my life has changed more in 2007 than it has in any other year in recent memory. Most of these changes were for the better and perhaps, someday, I will be able to see the rest of them as for the better as well. Some of the highlights:

~2007 was the first year since 1998 that I didn't move at least once. That trend will not continue into 2008 but it was really nice for this one year.

~I made some great new friends this year. Both locally (many of whom I hope to ring in the new year with this evening) and across the country (many of whom I was fortunate enough to spend the bulk of this past weekend with).

~I've been able to truly enjoy my friends near and far.

~Most importantly, I've been happy. I'm always hesitant to say this, I'm afraid of jinxing myself. But as I sit here and type, I know that I am truly happy.

2007, you were a good year. I am excited and a bit nervous to see what 2008 holds in store. I know there will be changes - probably big ones. I'll be buying a condo and moving, possibly to a neighborhood far from a lot of my friends. Nothing in life ever stays the same. But it would be boring if it did. Thanks for the memories 2007 - I'll always treasure them.

With love,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home