inner voices

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

spinning

As the title of this post suggests, I have recently begun taking Spinning classes.  So far I've gone to two (one Monday, one today).  And it is HARD!!!  But it's good.  The classes are pretty small, which is both good and bad.  Good because the instructor then gives you individual motivation and help, bad because of the same thing (sometimes you just want to die and fade into the background!).  Anyway, I wanted to start doing this because I really needed something new to push me.  And hopefully this will really improve my cycling in general, so that next summer I can bike with my parents and they won't kick my butt!  The plan is to Spin 3 times a week, lift 2 times a week, and do other cardio one day a week, with one day of rest.  We'll see how well I actually stick to that...  Though the hardest part is probably the dragging myself out of bed at 5:30 to make it to the 6:30 Monday/Weds spinning classes on time (the third one will be over the weekend).  Good thing I go to bed so early...
 
In other news...
I had a wonderful weekend.  So much fun with new friends and old.  I could tell you more, but there's not much more that would be of interest to anyone other than that it was a lot of fun and really what I needed.  While I may have left the weekend completely sleep deprived, I also left it rejuvenated.  And the Bears game Sunday was awesome. 
Last night I went to an alumnae event for my sorority -- a martinis and manicures event.  I mostly went because I badly needed a manicure but that ended up being really fun too.  I met some nice people.  And I am always up for meeting new people!  I do wish though that there was someone from my chapter who lived around here (or any of my friends from college)!  But especially another DG -- it would be more fun to go to these events if I had someone to go with.
 
Well, that's probably enough for now.  It's time to actually be productive at work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home