inner voices

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thoughts from the Tower

One thing about working in the Sears Tower -- every office has a window.  And on weird weather days like this, it's pretty neat.  It keeps going from cloudy to sunny and back again.  My office is on the 74th floor, and sometimes we're above the clouds, sometimes below and sometimes in them so that you see nothing but gray out the window.  It's weird being above the clouds -- you look out the window and get a little queasy because you feel like you're floating.  A similar feeling when you're in the clouds, but that's more because you have no sense of space (as you also can't see the sky above you).  It's also thundering and lightning right now and they are actually different from this height.  Things you never would think of until you experience it...
 
I said goodbye to the puppies this morning and dropped Zeke off at school for my last time.  My parents get home tonight.  While I'm really glad that they're coming home -- I've missed them -- I'll miss the dogs!  It was actually sort of a sad goodbye.  And that's even knowing that I will see them again probably on Sunday...  Right...
 
Hope this email to blog thing works...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home