inner voices

Saturday, September 30, 2006

why is it...

That you only run into people who you haven't seen in years and years when you look like total shit? Like today, I was in the middle of baking (for my cousins' break the fast celebration monday night) and realized that we were out of brown sugar, so I had to run up to the little grocery store in Glencoe. I haven't showered yet today and my hair is kinda gross and in a ponytail. I was wearing a baseball cap, but I didn't put it back on when I went out. And of course I ran into this girl who I went to junior high and high school with (but probably hven't spoken to since junior high) and she recognized me. Super. Never happens when you look good, or even normal. Nope, only when you look like a total schlub.

Anyway, this weekend is a bit busier than last. I've spent most of the day running around and am now baking for Monday night. Not quite what I wanted to spend my afternoon doing, but I won't want to do it tomorrow because I have a manicure and I really won't want to do it Monday while I'm fasting. So I'm baking today.

I should go shower while my stuff is in the oven...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home