inner voices

Thursday, September 28, 2006

bad timing

I keep having all these great bloggable ideas when I'm at work, where I can't access my blog (and I really dislike posting via email) and then I forget it all when I get home. Or else I'm so overwhelmed with myself by the time I get home that I can barely get out a full sentence in any sort of logical manner. Oh well.

Question: how do you find a new doctor? I know in theory your old doctor should be able to recommend someone but I'm trying to replace 2 doctors at the moment and neither was able to give me any suggestions. I know that Northwestern has a referral service, but it's not really -- the doctors don't have to be affiliated with Northwestern and pay to be a part of it and can be as long as they're in good standing and the referrals are basically a lottery -- it's not about matching you up with the right doctor. But what do I do? One of these doctors I need soon I think... Any thoughts?

Also -- if you're in Chicago don't make other plans for Oct 21 (it's a saturday). This organization that I'm on the associate board of is having a fundraiser and it's a really cool party at Kaleidescope. If you are in Chicago and want to go, talk to me about it and I'll give you more details. I'm supposed to get 10 people to go but I don't think I know 10 people...

Anyway, back housesitting/dogsitting for the weekend (until Weds). Not so bad though and I'll be back at my apartment for part of Sunday and part of Monday (Yom Kippur and I'm going to services near my apartment so I can at least stop in and check the mail, etc).

1 Comments:

  • i'm intrigued by this party of yours :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home