inner voices

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tomorrow's Going to Hurt

I'm in pain right now. I don't want to know how much pain I'll be in tomorrow, but there will definitely be pain. Did a 65 mile bike ride this morning (besting my previous longest ride by over 20 miles). It was really cool (well, aside from the waking up at 5:30 bit to drive up to my parents' house). There were a lot of people and large parts of it were on streets without heavy car traffic. And I did it. I'm really proud of myself for doing it -- even as we left the house this morning I wasn't sure if I could go the whole way or if I would wind up doing the 50 mile route. But I did it! But I will pay. I'm already pretty stiff (not to mention physically exhausted) and I only expect tomorrow to be worse.

I guess I haven't updated the blog in a few days... not a lot else has happened. Work continued to be fine. Didn't have much to do but that will definitely be changing in the very near future. On Friday night, Tyler and Lisa came over and I made dinner and we drank a lot of wine and it was really fun. Didn't do much of anything yesterday (Saturday) because I was feeling the effects of a lot of wine + staying out until after 2 AM + waking up at 7:30 AM (dont' ask why -- I have lost the ability to sleep much later than that). It was a nice doing nothing day though.

Back to the grind tomorrow... Going to bed early tonight...

2 Comments:

  • Congrats on your ride! My knee is finally better, and I've been running again. In one week, I improved my mile time by a full minute! (11:30 -> 10:30) ;) Hopefully there'll be a lot more improvement to come.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:04 PM  

  • The chick above, she can dance, I tell you what

    By Blogger James McLaughlin, At 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home