inner voices

Saturday, September 23, 2006

the long way home

I would have written this last night, but I was far too tired and irritated by the time I got home to do much of anything. You see, it took me 2 hours to drive from the city back out to Glencoe last night. You're probably wondering why I was going to Glencoe (and, given that I was going to Glencoe, why on earth I was driving). Well, I'm housesitting for my parents right now. Part of housesitting means taking Zeke into the city to puppy school every day. Well I obviously can't bring him on the train, so I have to drive. Fun. Or not.

Anyway, normally, driving out on a Friday evening (and not right at 5 either -- we didn't leave downtown until after 6) takes about an hour. But there were some massive storms last night. While I was driving. I mean, I've never seen rain like that. The visibility was worse than in any blizzard I've ever driven in (and I've driven in a few). It was actally quite unnerving (and the puppy didn't like it either!). By the time we finally got home after 8, I had just about had it.

Anyway, I'll be out here all weekend and next weekend too. And finally, to all of my other jewish friends, l'shana tova (I don't know how to spell it in English, but you get the picture -- happy new year!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home