inner voices

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dear Wednesday,

Let's just agree that we didn't get along very well and move on. Before I can move on though, I need to air my grievances:
1) broken glasses (while I was at work no less, without a spare pair or a pair of contacts to put in... had to just deal all day, not so comfortable) and I can't get an eye doctor appointment for over 2 weeks but I don't want to replace my glasses until I have a new prescription (I do have a spare pair of glasses but they're a really old prescription and they're making me slightly dizzy);
2) insane amounts of work that have to be done today. so many deadlines tomorrow and friday... just now getting home at midnight. (still not done but need sleep and will probably be more productive at 6 in the morning than I am now);
3) went to go pick up my packet of stuff for a running club that i'm trying and of course they published the packet pickup date wrong so the packet pickup is actually tomorrow (even though my email definitely said today). Well I can't go tomorrow. I left work early (ok, left work and then, after the failed packet pickup, went to Starbucks to do 5 more hours of work) today and likely can't do that again tomorrow because the nature of the work I'll have tomorrow night will require me to actually be connected to the internet and logged into the work system. DAMMIT - not my fault. Now I won't get the information until right before the first group run on Saturday morning, which is really frustrating, and, for the biggest issue;
4) Seem to have lost my wallet. Well, part of my wallet - the part with my major credit card, my building ID for work and my CTA pass. Super... Because I needed something else to deal with tomorrow...

OK, that's out of my system. Now I can move on and go to sleep and when I wake up to go to work super early tomorrow morning it will be a new day and hopefully a better one...
Whew,
me

2 Comments:

  • now, that is a BAD day. in terms of bad days, i'd give it an 11. broken glasses, inevitable headaches, lost valuables, frustrated extra curriculars, it's got it all, really. hope thursday was better and friday will be better. good luck!

    By Blogger tcd111, At 8:19 PM  

  • I apparently don't have your e-mail anymore, but I wanted to let you know that I'm engaged! We'll be getting married in Chicago so I'll keep you updated!
    Anne

    By Blogger Unknown, At 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home