inner voices

Friday, January 19, 2007

No place like home

Vacation was AMAZING. But sometimes, there's just nothing better than coming home. Especially since I get to come home with the whole weekend still ahead of me.

So vacation. 5 days of skiing in Beaver Creek (well, really 4 days of skiing BC and one at Vail). The first day of skiing was not the greatest. Snow was incredible but it was so cloudy that you couldn't see where you were going. So that sort of sucked. The next three days were amazing. I felt great on my skis and enjoyed flying down the steeps and, for the first time, comfortably maneuvering the moguls. SO fun. Then yesterday I had a MAJOR fall (complete with a major yardsale). No major damage I don't think but I did twist my knee and my neck and am covered in bruises in strange places. According to my brother, who watched the whole thing, it's really amazing that I was able to walk afterwards, much less ski. But I did ski the rest of the day because really I wasn't going to miss a day unless I literally couldn't do it. And today I am SO sore. But it was worth it.

On the whole, the vacation was great. Good quality family time. But the problem with family time is that it doesn't leave a whole lot of time for Cassie time and, as we all know, I need my Cassie time if I want any hope of preserving what's left of my sanity. So after a wonderful vacation, I'm very very happy to be home in my little apartment.

Oh, and one more VERY important thing: GO BEARS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home