inner voices

Saturday, January 06, 2007

trying to save money but...

You know what's extremely annoying? When stores have different sales in their physical stores and their online stores. So you go online to see whether what you need is on sale (and decide not to buy it online because you'd have to pay for shipping AND it was going to take 2 weeks to get here) only to go to the physical store to find that the item you need, which was on sale online, isn't on sale there. GRR. This happened to me yesterday with Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale. And I ultimately just bought the damn thing in the real store, not getting the sale price, because I couldn't really wait the two weeks for shipping. Some websites, like Circuit City, at least say when the online deal doesn't apply in-store. That's very considerate. Still annoying, because I'm trying to help my grandmother buy a digital camera and I'd like to be able to actually see it before I buy it, but at least I know not to waste my time going to Circuit City, which isn't convenient to her house. Now we can go somewhere else, look at the camera, make sure she likes it (and that it's user-friendly enough for an 80+ year old woman) and then go back and buy it online for the WAY cheaper price. I love online shopping, but I thought that it was supposed to eliminate the hassles, not create them.

1 Comments:

  • You couldn't wait two weeks for something you bought at Victoria's secret?

    That one is just too easy even for me.

    By Blogger James McLaughlin, At 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home