inner voices

Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas highlights

Yeah... I know it's a bit late but you didn't want me to write about Christmas earlier in the week. Trust me. I was stuck in this angry fog and I couldn't break free but I've had a couple of really good days/nights now and I think I'm past it :)

So Christmas. A few highlights:
~my PRETTY PINK iPod Nano!! Especially exciting since the battery on my old iPod was lasting approximately 21 minutes...
~seeing how excited my dad got when he opened the present I got him (an orange Dick Butkus Bear's jersey).
~being able to afford buying real gifts for people
~my new 7-cup Cuisinart. It expands my culinary horizons SO greatly!! (you just wait to taste what I'm making for New Year's -- almost ALL of it will have been made at least partly in the Cuisinart!). I'm such a dork... I think I'm more excited by the Cuisinart than I was by the iPod...
~Not so much a Christmas highlight, but discovering how much cleaner my electric toothbrush (which I got for Christmas) makes my teeth has been pretty exciting...

There have been some good highlights since Christmas too:
~Getting to wear jeans to work this week (hey, if I have to be there, at least I can be comfortable!)
~Seeing everyone over at Joe's house the other night. Always wonderful to see Joe and Kendra and there were lots of other people there that I don't see often either. It was so fun and so worth the trip out to Winnetka!
~Coffee with Jamie yesterday. I miss him!!
~An amazing phone conversation with Emily last night. I miss her too!!
~Other surprising phone conversations that leave your head spinning.
~Finding out that more people are coming to my New Year's gathering :-) It's gonna be fun... there's gonna be jello shots...

There's more, but that's the really important stuff. There were, of course, lowlights as well, but no one wants to hear about those and I'd rather not dwell on them, at the risk of returning to angry-land. This weekend should be good. Happy Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home