inner voices

Friday, January 05, 2007

idle hands...

What's that saying? That idle hands are the devil's playground? Yeah, that's probably true. But for me, idle hands have much worse consequences. They tend to lead to far too much introspection. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon with not much work to do and consequently had time to go through a lot of stuff that's been in my head. Whoa. Probably should have left all that alone. And then, when I got busy at work again, everything was right with the world again. So without going into a whole lot of detail, I'm MUCH happier when I don't have the spare time to realize how unhappy I actually am. Does that make sense? Clearly I just need to stay busy... (Of course that also overlooks the obvious corrolary that I am ACTUALLY happier when I'm busier because I like being busy such that there isn't the same unhappiness lurking beneath the surface.) Either way, the conclusion remains the same -- Cassie needs to avoid idleness. End of thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home