inner voices

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

weather and other topics

Let's start with a plain and simple fact: Warm sunny days make me happy. (Aside: Thinking about this today, I've made two connections. 1) My intense happiness last summer probably derives as much from this fact as from anything else (given that it was never cold and NEVER not sunny) and 2) I should probably live somewhere like LA or Denver, and not Chicago. Good thing I love Chicago :) ). Warm sunny days also give rise to interesting fashion choices. It was definitely warm today -- warm enough to run outside in shorts and a tank top and get suitably sweaty. It was not, however, hot. Yet everywhere I went, girls were wearing skirts, tank tops, and sandals. Wearing one of any of those three in this weather (mid-60s) makes sense, but all 3? No. And the funny thing is, in October, these same people find this same weather to be chilly and wouldn't dream of going out without a jacket. Food for thought.
So, because of the weather, today has been a happy day. I went for a 4.25 mile run (my new favorite website, www.usatf.org lets you map your runs to figure out distance and check out other people's routes-- amazing!) and walked up to the grocery store, not because I needed anything but really just to be outside. Too bad it's going to rain for the next 4 days... Good thing I have plenty of indoor work to keep me busy!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home