inner voices

Saturday, January 21, 2006

going out of my mind

First problems first: I really am afraid that I'm going to fail my final on Monday. And I'm not sure how much my *studying* is helping since there are about 2 gazillion concepts, maybe 10 of which I understand and another 10 of which I'd recognize and the rest I have been trying to learn for 3 weeks but have not managed to understand a word of. I have never been this worried about a final before. But 8 hours of studying today has made me pretty much hit my maximum productiveness. I could keep going tonight but my brain isn't really functioning anymore. So tomorrow will be more hell.

Other problems that occupied the latter half of my week: my computer has been going insane. First, Microsoft Outlook decides that it can't connect to my email server anymore. This happens occasionally and usually fixes itself but in the meantime I'm stuck using the webmail client which is so annoying. Then, on Thursday I was prompted to update iTunes and doing so made it not work and fucked up other things on my computer. Finally fixed that yesterday but am actually really annoyed at Apple's lack of helpfulness. They were telling people "it's software made for Windows so it's a Microsoft problem" while Microsoft said "it's Apple software, it's an Apple problem." It actually turned out that it's a Norton problem but very common and no one knew how to fix it. Finally got it figured out and can happily use iTunes again.

Phew -- that was a lot of venting. I promise I'll be better as of about 12:30 Monday when my final is over. Then I hop on a plane to Chicago for 8 days. On another note, WHOA -- the wind outside is insane. I feel like it's going to blow over my building.... I really hope it doesn't!
OK, off to finish studying for the day and collapse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home