inner voices

Monday, January 02, 2006

not the way to start the year

So I'm back in Cambridge now. Only got here about 4 hours late. Yeah. Let's review the day:
9 AM: left for the airport
9:30: arrived at airport to learn that my flight was delayed 1 hour.
11 AM: scheduled departure
11:30 AM: we learn that we can't leave at noon, as we were told, because we have no plane yet. (note: All the while, there are not enough seats in the boarding area so I am sitting on the floor at O'Hare... not cool...)
12:45: new plane arrives but we learn that we cannot leave because we don't have a crew
2:45: crew arrives from Indianapolis and we leave
6:00 Eastern time: land in Boston


I guess the day could have been worse. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow 6-10 inches...

Anyway, since landing my day did get better. I had people to share a cab with (also coming from Chicago but on the plane that was supposed to take off an hour after mine... they ended up arriving within minutes of each other) but cab sharing is good for the wallet. Unpacked, got food, and am now about ready to crash...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home