inner voices

Monday, February 25, 2008

Dear lazy Sunday,
Could you have been more what I needed?  I don't remember the last time I spent an entire day doing absolutely nothing, but it was definitely before Christmas and it probably involved a hangover, which meant that a) I wasn't doing it by choice and b) its effectiveness was quite diminished.  But yesterday was a perfect day of nothingness.  As irritating as it can be to realize that you've accidentally wasted a day or that you've had too many days of nothingness, that one day every once in a while is just what the doctor ordered and I got my fill yesterday.  Definitely helped that the Godfather and then the Godfather II were on tv because really, how can you pull yourself away from that??  While we missed the beginning of Godfather II (the portion that we had just seen a few weeks ago when it was on tv) because we went for a short run (the ONLY productive thing that happened all day I believe), it was, in all, a fantastic day of sitting on the couch and escaping from reality.  I now feel so much more prepared for life this week.  So thank you!!  Totally lazy day, I won't say we should meet often, but as long as the meetings are infrequent, we will remain good friends :)
With love,
me

1 Comments:

  • You deserve a day of relaxation - I can only imagine the kind of stressful stuff you deal with everyday! It was great seeing you, hopefully I'll be able to see you before I go.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home