inner voices

Saturday, October 21, 2006

interesting evening

I wrote a long post earlier this evening, before I went out. But Blogger wasn't working properly and it didn't take. That's probably ok -- you didn't really want to read about my anger... This post is much better.

So I went out tonight. To a fundraiser for an associate board that I'm on. Which should have been extremely fun. Except I got ditched about 2 hours beforehand by the person who was supposed to go with me meaning that I didn't have enough time to even possibly find someone else to bring with me so it wasn't so fun. Am I pissed -- oh yes. Did I have fun anyway? Only sort of. It was the kind of event that everyone came to in groups so being without a friend was pretty sucky. However, it was marginally better than similar events in Cambridge that I went to alone for years because I did find another girl I knew who I sort of hung out with tonight which meant that it was ok. Just not great.

What WAS great was the dessert bar. Holy shit was it great. I need to go for a LONG workout tomorrow... there was a chocolate and caramel fountain (with everything you could ever want to be dipped in), chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered GRAPES (so good BTW) and some amazing white chocolate popcorn. OH, and open bar. :)

Best part of the night though was my shoes. I bought awesome shoes today that I wore tonight. Red, pointy toe, stiletto heels. SO hot. Yeah. That my shoes were the highlight of my evening is probably sad, but oh well :-) Just wish I'd had someone to show them to...

3 Comments:

  • TELL ME THESE SHOES you speak of are getting broken out for rocky horror on friday???

    pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
    ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:33 AM  

  • me! show me the shoes!!!!
    i love shoes! thus the basis of my halloween costume choice!
    -melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:16 PM  

  • oh god, look at what you started...all right, get some pictures of the stilleto Cassie up pronto

    By Blogger James McLaughlin, At 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home