inner voices

Friday, August 18, 2006

españa

Another quick note to let anyone who might be reading this know that I´m still alive! Since the last post, I´ve been to Nice, Monaco, Barcelona, and am now in Madrid.
Nice (which is on the French Riviera) was like a little piece of heaven. I spent almost my entire day lying on the shores of the Mediterranean. Only downside is taht the beaches are stone, not sand, but I had a chair/lounge thing so it was fine.
Monaco (which we did as a side trip from Nice) was also REALLY cool! We saw the church where Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly were married (and are now buried), saw Prince Albert II´s palace, and then went to Monte Carlo, where I didn´t gamble (I´m not enough of a high roller to be able to afford any of the tables or slots!)but still had a lot of fun admirign all of the people and cars.
Barcelona was neat but extremely crowded! So many people out! Seeing the Gaudi architecture, however, was well worth the trip. Fascinating that anyone woudl ever think that those buildigns were attractive!
Now we´re in Madrid. Today we´ll go to the Prado in the morning and head out to Toledo in the afternoon. Tour ends tonight, but we have another day in Madrid to walk around and really see the city. Then we head to Lisbon! And then I come home :) And, the good news is that I can now bring my iPod on the plane with me, even through London, so I will survive the plane ride after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home