inner voices

Monday, July 17, 2006

hot hot hot!

There is nothing about the past 3 days that exists separately from this heat! Everything I could possibly have to say relates back in some way. It has been in the mid-90s each day, even by the lake! I wish I could say that I've stayed inside in the air conditioning for the whole time but, well, I haven't.

Saturday morning I went for a long run. I had decided a week or so ago that I was going to try to meet my goal run of 6 miles on Saturday and I didn't want the heat to get in the way of my plans. Well, that was stupid. While I did meet my goal and run 6 miles (just a little over an hour, and yes, I carried water), I completely overexerted myself and was fairly useless for the rest of the day. I didn't get enough studying done (only about 4 hours) and went to bed sometime between 8:30 and 9.

Sunday morning I was a little smarter. Dad and I went for a bike ride and we only did about 20 miles instead of our usual 35. Even so, Sunday was hotter than Saturday. Then, as I was being quite productive and studying in the morning, our power went off! Not that I even noticed for quite some time (I was in a room that's very well lit by the sun and easily the coldest room in the house), but it did get warm. Luckily the power came back on in the afternoon.

And today, well, I went for another run this morning. Only 3 miles (partly because of the heat and partly because I had already done 45 minutes of lifting and was already tired). In any event, it was warm enough to keep me inside for the bulk of the rest of the day and so I spent all day (8 hours) studying. My head is now going to explode. Hopefully it will rain tonight and cool everything down!

Going to see another apartment tomorrow. Crossing the fingers! I would REALLY like somewhere to move into on September 1...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home