inner voices

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So I'm still in England right now and I head for France tomorrow
morning. A little update on what I've been up to for the past few
days:

Sunday was nice. We went to a really nice lunch at a country
restaurant and didn't do much of anything else (given that lunch
lasted from 2:30-5!).

Yesterday, Monday, I took the train into London and spent my day
walking around the city. I went to Hyde Park and St. James Park,
which is where Buckingham Palace is. I accidentally happened upon the
changing of the guard, so I stayed to watch. I walked by Parliament
and Big Ben and then walked along the river to Covent Garden, over to
Picadilly Circus and then back up to the train station via Bond St
(where all the really high end stores are). I was EXHAUSTED from
walking all day (especially since I'd gone for a run in the morning).
I got back on t he commuter train to come out to the country and the
train was delayed for a while. Luckily, I had a mobile phone with me
to call someone to let them know I'd be late.

Today I went into London briefly this morning. I hung out in the St.
John's Wood area for about an hour and a half. Now I'm back in the
country and this afternoon we'll drive some more to go pick the
children up from their sailing lessons and go get dinner. It's been
pretty neat to get to see so much of the countryside around here!

Tomorrow -- Paris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home