inner voices

Saturday, December 31, 2005

hazelnuts

So if you know me, you possibly know that my favorite band is Sister Hazel. (As to the title of this post, you might not know that Sister Hazel fans are known as "Hazelnuts"). Thursday and Friday nights this week were spent going to see Sister Hazel at the House of Blues Chicago. Both nights were amazing in their own right. Thursday night was cool because we stood way at the front and the energy up there was amazing. Unfortunately, some of the other fans up there were not amazing. Thursday night's rendition of Strange Cup of Tea, which is my favorite song, was probably the best I'd ever heard. Friday night, however, was probably the best Sister Hazel show I've ever seen (and I've been to over 10). The playlist was awesome and they really hit every song. Especially cool was when they sat down and did three songs acoustic. But my FAVORITE part of the night was during the encore when they played Starfish which is one of my favorites that I've never heard live before (it's on one of their older albums). SO exciting (especially because earlier in the night I was telling Bryan about how I loved that song but it bummed me out because they never played it at their shows and then they did!).

OK, need to go to sleep now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home