inner voices

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Dear week,
I must say, so far you've exceeded my expectations.  (well, I'm not sure that I really had expectations, but the point is, you've been good)  I wasn't sure what to expect out of a week with a "hole" in the middle - a holiday on a Wednesday.  That's just weird.  It threw me off.  Plus, with plans every single night, I was worried that it might just be a really rough week for me, especially sleep-wise.  But I must say that it's actually been really nice so far.  (Wow I hope I'm not jinxing myself here...)
Work hasn't been bad, things have slowed down some (and frankly, I think I deserve that this week after the last few months).  Monday night was a BBQ out in the suburbs, a high school reunion of sorts.  I was worried about it but it turned out to be ok.  Better than ok in fact.  Wonderful as always to see out of town friends (such a bonus to get both Jamie and Melissa at once!) and nice to catch up with a few others who I'd lost touch with.  And the third and the fourth were spent in good company so I can't really complain there either.  Saw some fireworks from a distance and up close (maybe a little too close), caught up on my crossword puzzles and reading, and just relaxed.  I've gotten enough sleep every night (though that may change tonight, but who cares, because tomorrow is Friday!).  And frankly, no matter what happens with the rest of this week, I can at least say that it's been a good one through mid-day Thursday.  And for that, I have to be thankful.  Because really, how often can I say that?
So thanks!
With love,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home