inner voices

Friday, June 29, 2007

Dear Anger,
You are an odd emotion.  I understand you when something has been done to provoke you, but I don't really understand why you sometimes just pop in for no reason.  You have been with me for about 13 hours now.  Nothing particularly maddening or provoking happened at 10 o'clock last night.  Yet you have filled me since then and I cannot shake you.  I was on the verge of sleep when all of a sudden BAM there you were.  And you were still there when I woke up this morning and you're still here now.  So I don't know why you're here, I don't know what you're directed at, and because of that, I have NO CLUE how to get rid of you.  Thus, you are odd. 
I guess you're not really all that odd.  I mean, happiness comes around for no apparent reason all the time.  But that's not generally a problem.  Anger, on the other hand, you're a problem.  You get in the way.  You make it impossible for me to focus on the task at hand, be that work or sleep, and you impede my interactions with other people.  Basically, you frustrate me and then you self-perpetuate.  Well, I would like for you to leave.  Please.  I am asking nicely.
Thanks,
Me 

1 Comments:

  • i say EMBRACE it, live it, let it rage for a while. there must be a need to vent :)

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home