inner voices

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

WHY??

Please excuse this brief rant...
In principle, I understand the flex scheduling system that the NFL uses. They want to be able to switch games around as the season goes on to make sure that interesting and/or important games get the prime time slots. That said, WHY would they move Sunday's Bear/Packer game from 12:15 to 7:15 LESS THAN a week before the game?? People make PLANS that night. Now I can't go to the game because I'm having people over (you people better come over...). Not the end of the world not to go, and I would rather spend NYE with my friends than with drunk Bears fans, but I was sort of looking forward to going to the afternoon game. Even if they'd moved it to 3:15, I could've dealed. But it's just RUDE to move it to 7:15 on a night when people have other plans. Rude and sort of stupid. Because does the network really think that on New Year's Eve, they're goign to get higher ratings for a 7:15 game than a 3:15 game? I don't think so...
OK, rant over. This wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't already in more than a bit of a funk (nothing I want to get into here, nothing serious, nothing to get worried about, just a REALLY bad mood). Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home