inner voices

Sunday, December 10, 2006

pre-holiday stress

I should preface this post by saying that I've had a really nice weekend. Last night I had a few friends over for dinner. I spent all day yesterday cleaning my apartment (which was really good -- I really needed a reason to do a deep clean of the place) and cooking. I made lasagna and I think it turned out really well. I'm not upset that I'll be eating leftovers of it all week!
That was us after dinner (and after a few bottles of wine...).

So the weekend was pretty good. But I am getting STRESSED about the next few weeks. First off, work is going to be INTENSE. December is generally the busiest month for the kind of work that I'm doing (at the moment, mostly real estate) as companies try to finish transactions before the beginning of a new tax year. And it's good that I'll be busy. But it means that I'm going to miss out on a lot outside of work I think. I have a lot of friends who will be in town for only the week between Christmas and New Years and, unfortunately, I'm going to be working that whole week. Also supposed to go to Sister Hazel shows that Thursday and Friday and it's looking pretty unlikely that I'll make the Thursday show. Major bummer. All I can do though is hope that my friends understand and get through the season one day at a time. Because I can't control it. Just need to go with it. Now if only the emotional part of my brain would communicate with the rational part of my brain...

3 Comments:

  • yeah, it's official: i look stupid in every picture i'm ever in. what is the secret to not looking like a dork in pictures? i must have been in the bathroom when they covered that in school?

    -- tyler

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:49 PM  

  • i miss you all

    By Blogger James McLaughlin, At 12:19 PM  

  • aw, i miss you guys! you all look so cute in that picture (no matter what tyler says) :-D
    -melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home