inner voices

Monday, November 27, 2006

such a monday

Wow today was Monday. Mondays are rough enough as it is, but I think that Mondays after long weekends are the worst!! Nothing too terrible happened -- it was just a long day. Things are definitely picking up at work. Which is both great and terrifying at theh same time. Great because I'm busy and I'm doing really interesting work and I love it. Terrifying because what I'm doing actually matters and because everything I do is new, I feel like I never have a clue what I'm doing! But the only way to learn is to do!

I was supposed to go out tonight, but the person I had plans with just canceled because he's sick. So that's sad because I was looking forward to it (and because being sick sucks). But it's also sort of ok because I'm tired and the thought of going out tonight was frankly a little exhausting. I'm much happier now having plans for Friday.


Not a lot else to report. The rest of my weekeend was really good. Saturday night was fun (and a little scary). Definitely saw some people that I hadn't seen since high school (and at least one that I would have rather never seen again in my whole life because he honestly used to scare the shit out of me). But it was overall a blast and the night really reinforced how happy I am to be living in Chicago and how LUCKY I am to have such AMAZING friends. YAY!! Then Sunday was a wonderful day of relaxation.

OK, time for some mindless tv :)

2 Comments:

  • i'm SO GLAD you were there!

    By Blogger lisa, At 2:39 PM  

  • glad you had fun on saturday. me too.

    also glad to hear work is picking up. cheers to getting responsibility. ;-)

    you're well on your way to being one of those there knowledge workers richard florida is always going on about. just wait until the first time your boss pulls a pointy-haired maneuver. aah...now /that/ is a good day. :)

    -- tyler

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home