inner voices

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

a little bit country

OK, I'll admit it, I'm a secret country junkie... So i've been watching parts of the CMAs all night and I have a few thoughts/comments:

1) Bon Jovi -- so not country, yet they performed. Don't get it. Help me please.
2) Garth Brooks channeling Chris LaDeux. This makes me think of a girl who was in my sorority who was in love with Chris LaDeux even though he was way old and none of the rest of us knew who he was. This was before my country phase.
3) Garth 2. Watching Garth on that stage, performing, it is so clear that he will come out of retirement. And more than just for his new cd that's just being released at Walmart that's the Chris LaDeux tribute or whatever. He just looked so happy on stage. Yay because I want more Garth!
4) What's with the albums/songs that are over a year old being up for nomination and winning things? I only know this because it's been more than a year since I've last bought a country cd.

OK, I didn't watch the whole show because it's Gilmore Girls and House night but those are my thoughts based on what I did watch. Happy Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home