inner voices

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

here we go again

After SUCH a nice break (more later), the general insanity of life resumed the moment I got to the airport yesterday morning. Weather caused my flight to be delayed an hour, the T took forever (as always) and I basically had to go straight to class. Since class got out yesterday, my life has been devoted to the Giving Tree event that I'm helping organize for HLCentral. It's a great community service project but really labor oriented. Aside from a zillion emails that have been exchanged in the last 24 hours (there were 10 on this alone waiting for me when I got back to Cambridge yesterday), I had to go shopping this morning for ornament making supplies (i.e. paper, glue, scissors, etc) and create labels with the names of the gifts to go on the back of each ornament. Still to do today: 2 classes, order pizza, pick up soda, get car and drive it (and supplies) to school, find parking, unload car, make 300 ornaments, and collapse. The actual event doesn't start until Thursday, and before then I have to make whatever ornaments we don't finish tonight and donation bins. I am so tired -- hard to believe I just got back from a vacation!

Ah, the vacation. Thanksgiving was wonderful. I got to spend lots of time with my family, which is always a good thing. I also got to see some friends who I hadn't seen in a long time. On Friday night, went out with my IHC lifeguard friends for Matt's birthday and to see Nate's band play, though we didn't end up staying long enough to watch them play... It was really nice, htough, just to see everyone and hang out.

Anyway, my intense multitasking of this morning has somehow gotten me to class an hour early (oops!) so I'm off to try to be productive once more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home