inner voices

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dear CTA,
I understand your desire to get rid of slow zones in the subway. In fact, I appreciate that you are going to get rid of said slow zones. However, there MUST be a better way to do it than to close the subway and run the red line on the elevated tracks every weekend for 4 MONTHS. FOUR MONTHS!!! Every weekend from the end of August through December. That's a lot of weekends!!! How on earth am I supposed to get places and how are people supposed to get to my apartment? I live near a subway station, not an elevated track station... The nearest brown line stations are each about a mile away, while the subway station is 2 blocks away. Most things I'll just end up driving to I guess, but that's not always an option. And since there's not much parking near my apartment, that's certainly not an option for people coming to see me. There goes a few plans out the window. *sigh* Part of why I chose to live near the El was so that I could use it. Yes, I realized that there are busses. And I'm sure I'll use them some. But they take a whole heckuva lot longer and are a lot less predictable. And waiting for them isn't always an option. Like when it's raining and there's not a shelter. Or when it's dark and I'm by myself. Very frustrating I tell you...
A very unhappy customer,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home