inner voices

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dear Summer weekends,
I know the season isn't technically over for another month but in a lot of ways, this weekend is really my last weekend of summer. Which is weird. And mostly has me pretty sad. Not so much about the end of summer (because really, I wouldn't appreciate and love summer so much if it didn't have to come to an end) but about why summer is ending and about what it means. These weekends of summer, as I'll call them, have been really wonderful. I've been really happy. And so I'm really sad to see that come to an end (well, not exactly an end, but with the seasons does come a change). Much sadder than I ever expected to be. But I suppose that's the nature of life and of seasons.

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under the sun ... a time for love...

(now who on earth ever thought I would be quoting the Bible in my blog?? So instead, we'll just say I was quoting the Byrds (who of course are quoting the Bible)...)

Anyway, don't know exactly what the point of this letter was. But Summer weekends, I sure will miss you when you're gone. Thanks for everything though, it's been wonderful!

With love,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home