inner voices

Monday, July 16, 2007

Dear Lake Michigan,
Guess what - I no longer hate you!  Exciting, I know.  I guess I didn't exactly hate you before, it was more that I thought you were really gross.  And I still think you're sorta gross, but not in the same way.  What changed my mind, you may wonder?  Well, I swam in you in an area where I didn't have to touch the bottom ever.  And that made all the difference.  For you see, it's the bottom of the lake that I find particularly gross.  Especially growing up going to beaches in the north shore where it's all rocky but even in the city where it's sandy, I just think that the bottom of the lake (of any lake really) is icky.  But when you get in where it's already 8 feet deep and just swim around there, then the bottom is irrelevent. 
Anyway, just thought I'd share that bit of happy news :)
With love,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home