inner voices

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dear body,
Sometimes, I just don't understand you. I wish that when I spoke to you, you could answer me in concrete ways that I always understood. But unfortunately you don't. Usually you make sense. I nourish you, and you appreciate that. The harder I push myself during a workout, the more difficult the workout is. But then some things don't make sense sometimes. Like why was a 4 mile run yesterday (Monday) harder to get through than an 8 mile run on Saturday? And why have I been having so much trouble sleeping when I've been working out so much more? Usually working out more = better sleep. There are other questions, other things that do not make sense to me, but they're a little too personal for this public forum.
All I ask of you body is that you cooperate with me for the next few weeks. These are going to be some rough rough weeks ahead. Not a lot of sleep in the cards and it's going to take a lot of willpower (and a willingness to even further cut back on the sleep) to make the time to work out. So please help your owner out here. And in return, I'll try to feed you right. Hydrate you. Can't promise sleep, but maybe a nice massage as a reward if we make it through the month of May...
Thanks,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home