inner voices

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!

I love the Fourth of July. I think that it's because it's such a *pure* holiday. No gifts, no hallmark moments, just good, old-fashioned fun. Like the silly little parade in Glencoe that my mom and I go to every year, and the hokey red white and blue decorations and, of course, the fireworks.
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to enjoy most of the long weekend as I've enjoyed today. I had planned on doing things -- on going to see Sister Hazel play a show in Naperville, on going out to Chicago's "independence eve" celebration. But unfortunately, I realized that at this stage in the game, I just can't go out for a whole day. I can't even go out for a whole night. I need to be studying. And studying is what I did all weekend -- 6-8 hours a day. It sucks, a lot, but if I do it right this time, I won't ever have to study for the bar again. And I've still gotten to have a little fun -- including 2 long bike rides, a run in the rain, and a nice little diversionary excursion to the Chicago Botanic Gardens with my mom.
I'm sorry to people I may have flaked out on and I'm sorry if I flake again in the coming weeks. I promise I'll be better after the bar (well, after Europe, since I'm leaving right after the bar) but I can make no promises for the next 3 weeks...
Anyway, off to help make dinner, then fireworks tonight :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home