inner voices

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

ready for spring

OK, winter has lasted quite long enough and I'm ready for the warmer weather of spring. Funny too, since it didn't really get cold until February but having been in the cold weather mentality since November/December, I'm quite ready to be done with it. Enough with the parka and the hat and gloves and neck warmer . Most of all, I'm ready to run outside again. I'm losing motivation with the gym, doing the same thing every day. It's just so much less boring to run outside than to do the elliptical, stationary bike, or treadmill. Plus, I'm runnign low on magazines. But running outside just isn't an option right now -- way too cold and I don't have the proper clothes for it (and can't really buy them right now). So basically, after Saturday (when I'll be skiing in NH all day), I say: bring on the spring!

Not much else going on right now. Went shopping again yesterday and bought a different dress that I (think) I like better. As I mentioned earlier, am going skiing all day Saturday which should be (really cold) and fun. And Friday night, there's a CC alumni event in Boston to watch the CC vs DU hockey game that I'm going to try to go to, but can't stay at very late due to the 6 AM call time for skiing. But I want to go to the event because it (weirdly) makes me happy to see other CC people, even if I don't really know them. And who knows, maybe I'll run into someone I do know. That'd be fun.

OK, class soon. Later.

3 Comments:

  • it's 70ish in denver. just wanted you to know;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:38 PM  

  • Ugh, it hit the 20s today and the weatherman was excited about how warm it was compared to the past few days...

    By Blogger cassie, At 2:22 PM  

  • i hear you, sister. last week it was +6, this week it might possibly hit +35

    By Blogger lisa, At 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home