inner voices

Friday, September 30, 2005

Charity Bash

So last night was the big event. We've been planning it since July and it's basically taken over my life for the past 2 weeks. And guess what -- it was a HUGE success! We actually hit capactiy at the bar (720) and raised well over 7000 dollars for hurricane relief, about 4000 of which will hopefully be matched by Harvard (which would give us a total of over 11,000!). Of course the night was not without its problems. The bar was horribly understaffed and I waited half an hour at the bar trying to get a drink (needless to say, it was the only one I got all night!). It was also ridiculously crowded so that when I went to try to find my friends, I couldn't. So I worked the door most of the night but that was ok, hanging out with other board members.
I'm just so happy that a) it's over and b) it was a success. Now I can get back to the important things in life, like tv (I've missed Gilmore Girls and the OC for the past 2 weeks!), sleep, and oh yeah, that thing called homework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home