inner voices

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I am not Superwoman

I'd like to be Superwoman. I'd like to be able to do everything and do it all to everyone's liking. But I just can't. This charity bash planning is really wearing on me -- thank god the event is tomorrow! It's going to be a great event -- an all Boston-area grad school party to raise money for Katrina relief. All donations ($10 minimum) will go to charity b/c HL Central and Gypsy Bar are covering the cost of the party and offering no cover and free drink tickets. But planning is making me crazy. I'm not even supposed to be doing all of the planning but the person who is in charge of it is interviewing and otherwise too busy. Anyway, first I've been trying to coordinate advance "ticket sales" (they aren't ticket sales, but whatever) during lunch hours and people haven't been showing up for their shifts which means I have to cover them. Then, I'm trying to coordinate people sitting at the door during the event and handling donations there. Everyone is driving me crazy. I sent out 2 emails last week asking people for their time preferences -- 2 people (out of 12) responded. And now that it's all set, and especially the early hours are set in stone because they're the people who actually responded, no one will take the end of the party. Well I'll be home and in bed by then so I'll be damned if I'm going to do it but someone has to. Last year's board would have stepped up and done it -- it's what we're paid to do -- but this year's board is really lacking in that dedication. I hate being a bitch. I hate that people already don't like me and that my telling them, sorry but you'll have to sit at the door from 11-12 (which isn't even the late shift) is going to make them dislike me more, but I really don't have a choice. I just want tomorrow to be over!

Phew. Sorry for the vent but I really needed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home