inner voices

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

So it's February 14th again. Happy Valentine's Day to all. I hope that in some way or another, you get to celebrate love today. Any kind of love.

Valentine's Day is an interesting day for me. Once upon a time, it held so much meaning and was really one of the highlights of the year. And after that, it was a pretty painful reminder for a few years. But I think I'm back on the up-side of Valentine's Day. Not that I have a Valentine this year (because I don't), but just that I now appreciate some of the deeper sentiment of a day dedicated to specially recognizing the love in your life. Yes, I think that in general Valentine's Day is too commercial. But I also do think that it serves an important larger purpose. You don't have to be in a relationship to celebrate Valentine's Day. There are all different kinds of love and I think it's important to recognize that sometimes.

As for my Valentine's Day 2007... well, it started off great with an email and a phone call that were just really good. And tonight I'm driving to Michigan City, IN to see Sister Hazel play an all-acoustic show. The friend I was supposed to go with bailed this morning (she's sick :( ) but I'm going to go still. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with some people there, but even if I don't, I just think that the show is going to be SO incredible that it'll be totally worth it.


So, Happy Valentine's Day. I hope that you get to do something that you love, with the people who you love today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home