inner voices

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

some thoughts

I am bored. Therefore, you get to hear me expound on some random topics.

1. Winter
I am not friends with the cold. Certainly not friends with the kind of cold that involves terrible windchills and air that pierces your skin. I like to complain about the cold even though I have always (minus my 4 years in college) lived in places that get very cold in the winter and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. Usually, really cold weather/winter makes me reminiscent for Colorado because it didn't get as cold there, but according to my brother's away message it's significantly colder there then here, so I won't do that today. Instead, I'll just bemoan the cold generally.

2. New Year's
Someone (at law school) asked me the other day whether I had plans for New Year's. This was not an invitation, as she will be in DC and I will be in Chicago, but gave me pause because I had not even started to think about New Year's. I have had some really bad ones in the past and, as a result, don't put a lot of pressure on it as a "special night." That said, I'd rather not be sitting at home by myself. Is it even time to start thinking about these things? I mean, I'm not interested in a big blow out type event (especially seeing as I have to come back to school on the 2nd so would like to be relatively conscious on the 1st) but I need to do something...

3. Finals
Finals suck. Not much else to it. Tomorrow is my last day of class, next Friday is my first final. I am not happy to have 8 days between my final class and my first final (my second/last final is the following Monday). With only 2 finals, I have no use for 11 days of nothing but studying. Oh well, I'm sure I'll keep busy enough and hopefully I'll be really prepared...

There's loads of other topics that I could write about, but you're probably bored of me by now (if you kept reading at all). So I'll save the rest for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home